Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 13 - Somewhere You'd Like to Move or Visit

I'd like to visit Russia. This has been a lifelong goal of sorts - I've long since been interested in Russian history. I find the dramatic political changes over the country in the recent past have been particularly fascinating - a country that has quickly shifted from a monarchy to communism to a semi-presidential republic.

My interest in Russia has been kept at bay mostly because of the dangers and expenses of traveling there - I don't speak Russian and would feel wary heading out to see some of the less popular areas. But the differences that you'll find in the architecture and the culture make it one of the most fascinating places on Earth.

Photo courtesy of AlphaTangoBravo / Adam Baker.






As a heads up, I would not like to move there.

1 comment:

  1. I am teaching the girls Russian, as they would like to attend the Olympics, in sochi, in 2014.
    They learn quickly. Like summer lightning, actually.

    I want to go to Guanajuato, MX (go back there, actually), and Gibralter, AKA "The Rock". I saw it recently on a travel channel show, about drinking, lol. God, you probably hate
    "lol's"

    ReplyDelete