Saturday, January 8, 2011

To My Husband/Wife

I've recently started reading a pair of Tumblrs; tomywife and tomyhusband. I was initally taken aback by how starkly different the two of them seemed; but I was really unsure if I had some kind of male bias going on. The guy seemed really wonderful and helpful, whereas the girl came off as pushy and demanding. It made me think that she appreciated the relationship less than he did. So, I took the last four pages of the blog, and decided to break down the posts into five categories;
  •  Demands
  • Compromises
  • Requests
  • Offers
  • Blanket statements
For shaky science. The results were staggeringly complimentary to the guy.


Comment Type
To My Wife
To My Husband
Demands
6
23
Compromises
5
5
Requests
0
3
Offers
12
1
Blanket Statements
17
8

It's pretty clear who the better catch is. The girl only made a single, attachment-free offer in fourty posts. And even it is unclear; she offers to bring the bacon home, but will she share? He can't have yellow mustard, must tend to her on Mother's Day, and generally behave as she envisions Paul Rudd

He's the kind of guy who shares headphones at the airport, will pick up the Chinese food when it snows, and will offer you his blazer when it's cold.

I wish them the best, but hope that she knows what she has. And people who think that they're better than yellow mustard deserve a visit from the Murph Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment