Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Part of the R.L. Stine Universe


Growing up, I read R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series religiously. As a matter of a fact, I read all of them, as my friends and I would often pool together our money to buy into the popular title every month via the Scholastic Books program. Granted, I was tired of them somewhere around our third visit with the Living Dummy, but I plodded on for bragging rights - to say I read them all.

I'm certainly not alone in this department, as the title remained incredibly popular and the franchise has launched several other series' in relation to the books - Goosebumps Horrorland first appeared in 2009 and is ongoing; marking the 18th year of the franchise.

The franchise has also branched into other mediums; a very successful TV series was adapted in the mid-90s, and a similarly veined show, The Haunting Hour, returned to the airwaves last year. Coincidentally, the series is filmed in my old stomping grounds; Langley & Aldergrove, and the show is providing a unique opportunity to be part of the R.L. Stine experience.

The show's production crew has graciously donated an on-air experience opportunity to a winning bidder, and the proceeds will be used to benefit a local Relay for Life (cancer charity) team; the interestingly named "Xavier got Scotty's Hotties All Jazzed Up." The winner will receive a tour of the set, a look into how the show is filmed, and a possible experience appearing as an extra in the show itself. This is a unique opportunity for those who need that one last Goosebumps experience. I encourage any nostalgia-laden fan to bid, if only to challenge the actors on Goosebumps trivia.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment